An old man...wait let me start over. A very old man stood in front of me at See's Candy yesterday. I was picking out something for my Grandmother (wink wink...ok I was) and he was picking out some chocolate for his wife. How do I know this? Because when he got to the counter he ordered his chocolate, asked for a pen and shakily wrote on a card some of the sweetest words I have ever read(...yes I peeked)
To My Loving Wife Bertha
You Have Made Me Happier Than You Will Ever Know
Love, Robert
I about teared up right then and there. He took his chocolate and hobbled out of the store, and I was left admiring a dear old man's love for his beloved wife. Thank you Robert.




7 comments:
This is what I truly strive for in life. To make my own hubby say those same words.
k I did tear up. I hope that is how my husband will be I am old. So sweet. Thanks Robert.
What a great post Em! Thanks for reminding me of what a treasure our husbands are...young or old or very old. We are all so lucky aren't we?
I love old men!!! (Even though I married a younger man :) They inspire me for some reason! I would've peeked too, and I would have cried as I paid for my chocolates! Thanks for sharing that moment with all!!
Oh my how sweet!, What a beautiful thing to get to see!!
I hope you had a Wonderful Mothers day!!
I am crying. That is so sweet. Oh, and I love your picture on your profile, by the way. You look gorgeous!
Beautiful. And so special! ::sigh::
Post a Comment