My sweet girl is constantly amazing me (and mike). She has been saying family prayer with us for a long time and would repeat the words that we say, but this week she decided that she wanted to start saying it on her own without any help from us. We figured she would say a word or two and be done, but we were pleasantly wrong! Her first "all alone" prayer was Sunday night. I wanted to write it down so that I could remember it:
"Heavenly Father,
Thank thee for this day
Thankful for Jesus
Please bless mommy and daddy
Thankful to go to church tonight
Name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
Thank thee for this day
Thankful for Jesus
Please bless mommy and daddy
Thankful to go to church tonight
Name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
Mike and I just looked at each other afterward...she is not even 2 1/2 yet and she was thinking about each thing to say! Her next prayer involved being thankful to see Santa and ride the train ride, & being able to decorate the Christmas tree...STOP GROWING UP ALIVIA! I love love love that she is learning and doing these things, but it seems too quick! Do all mom's feel like this about their kids?




7 comments:
I love her!
She is truly adorable. Adult conversation and prayers but so loveable. Good job Livy.
I AM THE ONE THAT LEFT THE COMMMENT ABOVE. KRISTA
That is so awesome! She is one smart sugar cookie - not to mention adorible! We can't wait to hear what comes out of Ethan's mouth when he starts talking!
Love it!
It as if little angels whisper in their ears...so sweet!
LOVEMINDY
I feel the same way. Max is doing new things each day and I am reminded of how fast time has gone by and how fast it will keep going. If only we could push pause on these precious moments.
So cute. I love that L always is the first to offer to say the prayer in nursery and has to bless everyone in the room. He is going to make a great Sunbeam, but is also growing up way to fast!
Post a Comment